There are so many reasons Switzerland may very well be one of the best countries to travel to. Before I show you the visual proof of my claim, I’m gonna list a few quick reasons that you probably didn’t know before and that will make you add Switzerland to your bucket list!
- There are 208 mountains over 3,000m high – with 24 of them over 4,000m.
- In Switzerland, you are never more than 10 miles (16 km) from a lake – this tiny country has 1,500 of them!!!
- Switzerland has one of the lowest crime rates worldwide, even among industrialized countries.
- Foreigners make up almost 25% of the population, so you won’t feel alone, no matter where you’re from 🙂
- There are four national languages (French, German, Italian and Rhaeto-Romantsch). If you speak only English, you will get around easily as well – Switzerland ranks 14th in the world in English Proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- Switzerland was ranked the world’s happiest country in 2015 and came in second last year. Who wouldn’t want to travel to one of the happiest places on earth?
Last but not least – we all know the Swiss make the best chocolate and cheese. While that may not look good on your scale when you get back home, it will definitely make you enjoy your vacation even more.
There is only one downside of this sweet little country: It is not cheap!
Also check out my cool 360° photos of the snowy Swiss Mountains and Zurich.
Now, let’s dive into the beauty of Switzerland, Suisse, Schweiz or whatever you want to call this gem 🙂
Only in Switzerland 🙂
Do you have photos of Switzerland that you’re really proud of? Send me a preview and maybe I’ll add and feature them here (and give you credit of course)!
Also read my article about Free Things To Do in Zurich ! And here are some awesome 360° photos of the snowy Swiss Mountains and Zurich.